Water damage can cause serious issues with the internal circuitry of your device that can leave it damaged and inoperable.
If you have dropped your mobile phone in water or it has got wet in the rain, don’t panic. If you act fast, there are steps you can take to prevent your device from becoming permanently water damaged.
Read on for some do’s and don’ts when it comes to saving a phone that has been exposed to water…
- Remove your device from the water as soon as possible
- Remove the battery from your device immediately (if possible)
- Remove the SIM card, memory card and anything else attached to the device
- Dry your device gently with a towel or cloth
- Touch a wet phone which is plugged in to a charger!
- Leave your device in rice – this is a myth
- Try and turn it on
- Shake the device or press any buttons – this could cause water to go further into the circuits
- Use a hairdryer or vacuum to dry the phone. This could also cause more damage
Fixing mobile phone water damage
To give your water damaged device the best chance of survival, bring it to Cell Tech immediately. Our experts can inspect your phone and advise you on the best course of action. We make every effort possible to repair your water damaged device and retrieve all your information. We deal with water damage on a regular basis and have successfully restored plenty of mobile phones for our customers so don’t be embarrassed!
Emergency call out service
If you are unable to make it to one of our local stores, Cell Tech can come out to you. Give us a call as soon as the damage has occurred and we will ensure that someone gets out to you as soon as possible. We can come to your home, office, or wherever is most convenient for you and help you out right then and there.
Our emergency call out number is: 07523 491999